Teoti Anderson, CPDT-KA, KPA-CTP, is the owner of Pawsitive Results, L.L.C. (www.getpawsitiveresults.com), which offers reward-based training for the family dog in the South Carolina Midlands.
A professional dog trainer for more than 17 years, she is the author of Your Outta Control Puppy, The Super Simple Guide to Housetraining and Puppy Care and Training. Her Quick and Easy Crate Training book earned a Maxwell Medallion in the 2005 Dog Writers Association of America awards competition. She also is a regular columnist for Modern Dog magazine and contributing author to Christmas Dogs: A Literary Companion and A Dog Trainer’s Resource: The APDT Chronicle of the Dog Collection (I and II). Teoti has been interviewed for Southern Living, New York Times, DogFancy, Puppies USA, Whole Dog Journal and other national publications. A popular conference speaker, she has given presentations to pet owners and fellow trainers across the United States and in Japan.
Teoti served on the board of directors of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) for six years, serving as President from 2004-2006. The APDT, founded by renowned veterinarian, behaviorist and author Dr. Ian Dunbar, is the largest organization of dog trainers in the world. She is a founding member of the Carolinas Trainers Forum, a networking group of APDT trainers in North and South Carolina. She serves as a consultant on canine training and behavior for local and national dog rescue groups.
Teoti is actively involved in animal-assisted activities and therapy with the Delta Society, an international nonprofit organization that promotes the human-animal bond. Teoti became the first Delta Society Pet Partner in the Carolinas with her beloved three-legged Labrador Retriever Cody, who crossed the Rainbow Bridge in January 2005. Now Labrador Logan and Papillon Finian continue the tradition as Pet Partners, enjoying visits to patients in a variety of healthcare facilities across the Midlands. In 1999, Teoti, Cody, and tabby cat Sebastian earned the Delta Society Beyond Limits National Therapy Team of the Year Award.
In addition to her volunteer work as a Pet Partner, she also serves the Delta Society as a Team Training Instructor and Evaluator, and is co-chair of the National Team Evaluator Advisory Council. Teoti is a founding member of Prescription Paws, a local Delta Society Pet Partner affiliate. The group visits healthcare patients, offers dog bite prevention programs to children and gives presentations to civic, healthcare and other groups.
- Back to Basics: Problem Behavior
- Back to Basics: Puppy Socialization
- Back to Basics: Successfully Handling Therapy Dog Team Visit Challenges
- Back to Basics: Training & Evaluating Therapy Dog Teams
- Back to Basics: Working With Clients
- Conducting Effective Interviews
- Dealing With Difficult Clients in Group Classes
- Dog-Dog Communications
- Expanding Your Business with Niche Classes
- Finding Your Niche With Therapy Dogs
- Helping Pet Parents Get Ready for Baby – When You Have No Kids of Your Own
- Helping Your Human Clients Work Through Difficult Cases
- How to Stop a Thief: Dogs Who Steal & the Power of “Leave It”
- Improving Your Written Communications
- Junior Trainers
- Problem Puppies in Puppy Kindergarten
- Puppy Kindergarten Primer
- Therapy Dogs: Advanced Techniques
- Thinking Inside the Box: Crates
- Training Small Dogs
- Working With Different Clients
- Writing to Reach Students: Creating Effective Handouts